The Layers Project Magazine is open to submissions for all our sections! We will be looking for content for The Layers Project Magazine that is insightful, honest and polished. We strive for high-quality work that unravels complex personal and communal issues.
Please send an email to Submissions@thelayersprojectmagazine.com with the work you would like to submit and a short bio and headshot (or selfie if you don’t have a headshot).
Here are some guidelines for the goals of the content we are seeking:
- To tell the personal narratives of Jewish women
- Accent the depth in traditional female spaces
- Provide our readers with healthy emotional experiences
- To break down stigma within our communities
- To present content that will inspire an emotional reaction in our readers
- To raise the quality of conversation on social media
Keeping in mind our brand values:
- Aiming to retain the spirit of the original project, to engage with the struggles and triumphs of life, in an honest and authentic way.
- Striving to break stigma and to share truths with compassion and awareness that sometimes the truth may be difficult for some, while redemptive for others.
- Seeking to be aware of the challenging subject matter that we tackle- both to the feelings of our subjects, and our readers, and the reality of the issues at hand.
- Understanding that there is a fine line that we often must dance, but the goal is to use empathy to guide us through the grey matter.
- Seeking to be sensitive, and use only non-judgmental language.
- Accepting that though a story we come across may be powerful, not all stories benefit from being told.
- Striving to inspire our readers to be more open-minded, and aware of the unique experiences of others.
- Taking the opportunity to change the narrative, and portray Jewish women as three-dimensional characters whose lives are full of blessings and challenges, potential and power.
- Looking to offer comfort and connection, especially when stories are painful.
We are open to pieces of written content, videos, and photos for all our sections. Please only submit one piece of content at a time, so we can respond to you faster.
Allow a month for response time- please note in the subject if the post is time-sensitive, and we will try our best to get back to you quickly. We will not accept simultaneous submissions and are looking for exclusive (never before published) content.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
The LPM Team